WHO WE ARE AND WHY WORK WITH US?
CannaRoyalty is a Canadian public company (CSE: CRZ) (OTCQX: CNNRF) that operates, advises and invests in various companies operating in or servicing the cannabis industry across North America. Working at CannaRoyalty provides a unique opportunity to help shape the emerging and exciting cannabis industry. As more jurisdictions across North America move towards complete cannabis legalization, entrepreneurs and investors alike are looking for opportunities to support and build companies in the cannabis space. CannaRoyalty offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of the innovation within this industry, and to get meaningfully involved at a relatively early-stage. To find out more, visit us at http://cannaroyalty.com/
Job title: Paralegal / Legal Secretary
Location: Oakland, CA
Reporting to: Chief Compliance Counsel
Job type: Full-Time
CannaRoyalty is currently seeking a paralegal or legal secretary to support our in-house attorneys with diverse compliance and business tasks such as licensure, tracking regulatory deadlines, forming, maintaining and dissolving different types of business entities, mergers and acquisitions, and commercial transactions. Related areas include intellectual property, real estate and contracts. Essential skills include strong research and writing skills, and attention to detail. Thorough documentation and accurate, timely filings are very important in this position.
- Tracking deadlines: license renewals, lease expirations, corporate formality deadlines, etc.
- Maintaining and versioning SOPs for subsidiaries
- Organizing corporate documents for subsidiaries
- Entry level due diligence work (both reviewing for potential acquisitions and responding for financing transactions)
- Managing corporate entities, formations, qualifications, maintenance, and dissolutions
- Building and maintaining legal entity databases.
- Coordinating with external law firms
- Maintaining Legal shared drive with all current documents
- Interfacing with various internal groups (e.g., Accounting, Treasury, Investor Relations, Operations and Acquisitions)
- Performing ad hoc assignments, as needed.
This position is for you if you…
- Pride yourself in your attention to detail
- Thrive in a challenging and high-performance environment
- Have the ability to manage several priorities and meet multiple tight deadlines
- Are able to anticipate needs and willing to help as needed
- Have a demonstrated interest in being part of an entrepreneurial culture and are highly effective in working with limited supervision
Education and/or Experience:
- 3-7 years paralegal or legal secretary experience
- In-house or transactional law firm experience a must
- Familiarity with corporate governance and/or regulatory compliance preferred
- Reasonably flexible schedule
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Superior grammar, writing and communication skills
- Ability to interact well with all levels with the organization
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to manage time and tasks effectively
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize high-volume work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experienced with Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Notary public a plus
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however only those whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of this position will be contacted.
We do not accept unsolicited résumés from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
CannaRoyalty is an equal opportunity employer and committed to delivering accessibility for all persons with disabilities.