San Francisco Bay Area, CA
WHO WE ARE AND WHY WORK WITH US?
CannaRoyalty is a Canadian public company (CSE: CRZ) (OTCQX: CNNRF) that operates, advises and invests in various companies operating in or servicing the cannabis industry across North America. Working at CannaRoyalty provides a unique opportunity to help shape the emerging and exciting cannabis industry. As more jurisdictions across North America move towards complete cannabis legalization, entrepreneurs and investors alike are looking for opportunities to support and build companies in the cannabis space. CannaRoyalty offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of the innovation within this industry, and to get meaningfully involved at a relatively early-stage. To find out more, visit us athttp://cannaroyalty.com/
Job title: Chocolatier/Edibles Manager
Location: Oakland, CA
*We are looking for the right individual who takes their craft seriously. This person would produce our current handmade product line and be in charge of our chocolate and confections kitchen. We are growing and believe talented employees who are committed to consistently making high quality products along with artistry in their craft are the key to our success. Our menu additions may change, and we encourage our employees to participate in the creative process.
- Operate professional tempering machines, chocolate molds and any other kitchen equipment safely and efficiently.
- Minimize chocolate loss through careful handling of chocolate and skill with use and care of molds.
- Work with Owner to establish and meet weekly production targets.
- Execute weekly production in making chocolate products including chocolate bars.
- Complete production with precision and efficiency while keeping the kitchen work area clean at all times.
- Wash your own dishes and help others when necessary.
- Leave the kitchen clean and ready for production.
- Test and recommend new products for seasonal promotional product expansion.
- Have an eye for detail, quality and the ability to produce fine tempered chocolate treats that are precise and visually pleasing, and delicious.
- Achieve production efficiencies in line with the cost of goods sold targets, and demonstrate expertise in recommending and executing cost control production processes that save time and materials.
- Identify and clearly communicate production priorities to Owner that align with customer/seasonal demand as well as profitability.
- Establish ongoing quality control processes that minimize errors and waste.
- Follow health code standards and maintain the kitchen in “inspection ready” condition.
- Use specialized equipment to temper chocolate and produce bars.
- Maintain proper stock levels of all products.
- Maintain and keep all equipment clean.
- Make chocolate truffles, bars.using specialized equipment and techniques.
- Arrives every day neatly dressed and always maintains a friendly demeanor.
- Maintains curiosity and strives for continual professional growth.
- Is self-motivated and has the initiative to perform to high standards.
- Is genuinely friendly and cares about others.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Maintains the highest levels of honesty and integrity.
Company standards this position is responsible for maintaining
- All chocolate is produced in a safe manner to the highest quality standards.
- All chocolate and confectionary employees are accountable for perfection in all products sold.
Each aspect of the chocolate production and confectionary kitchens is maintained in a clean and orderly fashion.
- All ingredients necessary for chocolate and confectionary production are accurately stocked, prepared, labeled and ready for use.
- All orders are ready on time.
- All products on our retail shelves are stocked and ready for sale at all times. Proper rotation is always achieved.
This position is for you if you…
- Pride yourself in your attention to detail.
- Thrive in a challenging and high-performance environment.
- Have the ability to manage several priorities and meet multiple tight deadlines.
- Are able to anticipate needs and willing to help as needed.
- Have a demonstrated interest in being part of an entrepreneurial culture and are highly effective in working with limited supervision.
- Associates Degree Preferred, High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) Focus in Culinary
- Strong pastry, baking, and confectionary skills
- Strong math skills
- Strong work ethic
- Good communication skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Incredible attention to detail
- Great palate for flavors
- Creativity and imagination
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however only those whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of this position will be contacted.
We do not accept unsolicited résumés from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
CannaRoyalty is an equal opportunity employer and committed to delivering accessibility for all persons with disabilities.