Bay Area, CA
WHO WE ARE AND WHY WORK WITH US?
CannaRoyalty is a Canadian public company (CSE: CRZ) (OTCQX: CNNRF) that operates, advises and invests in various companies operating in or servicing the cannabis industry across North America. Working at CannaRoyalty provides a unique opportunity to help shape the emerging and exciting cannabis industry and to get involved at an early-stage. To find out more, visit us at http://cannaroyalty.com/.
Job title: Payroll Specialist
Location: Bay Area, CA
Reporting to: Division Controller
Job type: Full-time
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for ensuring accurate processing and recording of payroll and for providing timely and accurate financial information related to payroll. The role requires a high level of customer service to employees by answering questions and resolving payroll-related issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Review timesheets and related paperwork
- Make adjustments and deductions for each employee and manage payroll-related benefits, including vacations and sick days
- Process new hires and payroll changes in a timely manner
- Process terminations and final payments in accordance with state guidelines
- Manage workers’ compensation insurance
- Process off-cycle payments when necessary
- Maintain and abide by cash handling standards
- Assist in auditing of preview payroll reports prior to transmission
- Prepare and maintain employee files while ensuring accuracy, compliance and confidentiality
- Scan, upload, and track garnishments, tax levies or other court ordered withholdings
- Create, run, and upload reports to the payroll service and general ledger
- Assist with quarterly and annual state and federal reporting
- Complete and provide responses to verifications of employment in accordance with company policy
- Assist in internal and external audits
- Support ad hoc projects within the Payroll and HR departments
- Relevant experience with High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or a related discipline is desired
- One or more years of experience in payroll processing. Experience in accounting or bookkeeping a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with management, staff, and external vendors as required
- Ability to analyze business conditions and understand the payroll process and related general ledger transaction accounting
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) and experience with QuickBooks Enterprise is a plus
This position is for you if you…
- Thrive in a challenging and high-performance environment.
- Have the ability to manage several priorities and meet deadlines.
- Are able to anticipate needs and are willing to help as required.
- Have a demonstrated interest in being part of an entrepreneurial culture and are highly effective in working with senior and executive management.
- Are detail oriented and results driven.
- Embrace the challenge of a high growth environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however only those whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of this position will be contacted.
We do not accept unsolicited résumés from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
CannaRoyalty is an equal opportunity employer and committed to delivering accessibility for all persons with disabilities.