Bay Area, CA
WHO WE ARE AND WHY WORK WITH US?
CannaRoyalty is a Canadian public company (CSE: CRZ) (OTCQX: CNNRF) that operates, advises and invests in various companies operating in or servicing the cannabis industry across North America. Working at CannaRoyalty provides a unique opportunity to help shape the emerging and exciting cannabis industry. As more jurisdictions across North America move towards complete cannabis legalization, entrepreneurs and investors alike are looking for opportunities to support and build companies in the cannabis space. CannaRoyalty offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of the innovation within this industry, and to get meaningfully involved at a relatively early-stage. To find out more, visit us at http://cannaroyalty.com/
Job title: Project Manager
Location: Oakland, CA
The Project Manager will be working out of Oakland, which is home of CannaRoyalty’s Corporate Development team. The team provides financial and strategic analysis for all investment, acquisition and divestiture efforts, as well as internal growth projects. Additionally, the team helps to identify, develop and execute various commercial transactions, such as licensing, joint ventures and strategic alliances.
The successful candidate will be responsible for organizing manufacturing project activities and develop comprehensive plans for projects. He/she will monitor project progress and provide updates to leadership on project status. Efficient delivery of project deliverables, effective quality control, clear communication of expectations to stakeholders, and upward reporting to senior management are critical tasks that must be performed throughout each project’s lifecycle.
- Manage project life cycle from contract assignment to store development.
- Assist in the creation of a project plan for each store implementation.
- Establish, implement, and enforce project schedules, identifying key milestones and goals.
- Collect competitive bids on large expenditures, identify potential areas for cost-savings.
- Perform construction site visits to review adherence to plans, specifications, and estimates on a regular or as needed basis (varies by project location and requirements).
- Manage and assist GC, subs, and vendors to ensure timeline, budget, and goals are met.
- Ensure all necessary works permits have been obtained.
- Work with Risk Manager to obtain required insurances from each project contractor, vendor, and sub (prior to commencement of work). Ensure COI meets lease requirements and that coverage is intact for the additionally insured.
- Responsible for facilitation or purchase of FFE required for store and site development.
- Act as a liaison between contractors, internal team members, local government and stakeholders.
- Partner with Design, Security, and IT to ensure facility meets design expectations and systems are properly installed.
- Manage timeline and ensure store build and systems are on schedule and within budget.
- Plan and coordinate schedule for project predecessors and lead-time tasks or orders.
- Monitor project budgets.
- Manage project funds per established accounting policies and procedures; ensure project financial records are up to date.
- Provides weekly and as-needed project updates to supervisor and other management.
- Ensures positive communications are maintained between stakeholders and supervisor to keep informed of project progress and impact on store operations.
- Responds to questions from supervisor and senior management regarding current projects.
- Provides feedback on project timeline goals, cost goals, issues, and performance from vendors, company personnel, and stakeholders.
- Follows SOP Company policies while carrying out the responsibilities of the position.
- Attends department meetings and company training sessions as required.
- Supervise the responsibilities of contractors and vendors.
This position is for you if you…
- Pride yourself in your attention to detail
- Thrive in a challenging and high-performance environment
- Have the ability to manage several priorities and meet multiple tight deadlines
- Are able to anticipate needs and willing to help as needed
- Have a demonstrated interest in being part of an entrepreneurial culture and are highly effective in working with limited supervision
- At least 3 consecutive years of direct work experience in project management.
- Project Management or Business Analysis certification considered an asset.
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution.
- Familiarity with Smartsheet and/or MS Projects.
- Effectively work in collaboration within a multi-disciplinary team environment and comfortable communicating with senior executives.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office 365.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key managers, and other stakeholders.
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Interest in being part of an entrepreneurial culture and highly effective in working with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however only those whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of this position will be contacted.
We do not accept unsolicited résumés from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
CannaRoyalty is an equal opportunity employer and committed to delivering accessibility for all persons with disabilities.