WHO WE ARE AND WHY WORK WITH US?
CannaRoyalty is a Canadian public company (CSE: CRZ) (OTCQX: CNNRF) that operates, advises and invests in various companies operating in or servicing the cannabis industry across North America. Working at CannaRoyalty provides a unique opportunity to help shape the emerging and exciting cannabis industry. As more jurisdictions across North America move towards complete cannabis legalization, entrepreneurs and investors alike are looking for opportunities to support and build companies in the cannabis space. CannaRoyalty offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of the innovation within this industry, and to get meaningfully involved at a relatively early-stage. To find out more, visit us at http://cannaroyalty.com/
Job title: Sr. Financial Analyst
Location: Irvine, CA
Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer
- Perform financial modelling, including valuation work, using various models (e.g. discounted cash flow analysis, comparable company analysis, precedent transaction analysis).
- Perform financial and strategic fit analysis for potential targets, including industry research.
- Research, build and maintain internal databases as necessary.
- Assist in preparing extensive written documents (e.g. slide decks, confidential information memoranda, blog articles, white papers, infographics, etc.).
- Research macro and microeconomic conditions and trends relevant to the cannabis industry and specifically to CannaRoyalty.
- Support the due diligence process on commercial transactions and target acquisitions from a financial perspective as required.
- Assist with transaction execution as required.
- Provide leverage to the partners and advisors of the company in a challenging and high-performance environment.
- Support the internal Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) function including variance analysis, financial modelling, assisting with the preparation of the MD&A, the annual budgeting process, multi-year financial planning and forecasting.
ABOUT YOU This position is for you if you…
- Are detail-oriented and capable of analyzing and synthesizing large complex data sets with creativity and innovation.
- Thrive in a challenging and high-performance, entrepreneurial environment.
- Have a proven track record of identifying accretive opportunities and closing transactions successfully by contributing insightful analysis and value-add commercial counsel.
- Take pride in your outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills.
- Have an understanding and/or interest in the burgeoning Cannabis industry, particularly in North American markets.
- Have a demonstrated interest in being part of an entrepreneurial culture and are highly effective in working with limited supervision.
- Are deadline driven with a strong work ethic.
- Have sound business judgement and commercial acumen.
- Are effective and comfortable working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Are comfortable communicating with senior executives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or related discipline. CPA, CA or CFA designation is considered an asset.
- At least three (3) years of working experience in Capital Markets, or a related analytical/financial field.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills.
- Familiarity with business assessment tools (feasibility studies, business cases, cost/benefit analysis, and project sizing/costing).
- Ability to travel on demand as required (5-10%).
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however only those whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of this position will be contacted.
We do not accept unsolicited résumés from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
CannaRoyalty is an equal opportunity employer and committed to delivering accessibility for all persons with disabilities.