Bay Area, CA
WHO WE ARE AND WHY WORK WITH US?
CannaRoyalty is a Canadian public company (CSE: CRZ) (OTCQX: CNNRF) that operates, advises and invests in various companies operating in or servicing the cannabis industry across North America. Working at CannaRoyalty provides a unique opportunity to help shape the emerging and exciting cannabis industry. As more jurisdictions across North America move towards complete cannabis legalization, entrepreneurs and investors alike are looking for opportunities to support and build companies in the cannabis space. CannaRoyalty offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of the innovation within this industry, and to get meaningfully involved at a relatively early-stage. To find out more, visit us at http://cannaroyalty.com/
Job title: VP of Manufacturing
Job type: Full-Time-Exempt
Location: Oakland CA
Responsible for leading and directing the corporate-wide strategy for manufacturing operations for CannaRoyalty and all decisions relating to manufacturing, packaging, shipping, maintenance, quality services, technical services, and cost items at the company’s manufacturing plants.
- Create strategic relationships with all internal leaders and associates to design and execute manufacturing strategies and process improvements focused on improving manufacturing processes and yields as well as reducing manufacturing costs through innovative methodologies and established manufacturing principles
- Lead the expansion and design of new manufacturing facilities.
- Improve operating margins by establishing, measuring, and meeting goals related, but not limited to on time delivery, cycle time reduction, yield improvement, internal rework and improved throughput.
- Develop capacity planning strategies and define and implement the means to leverage existing electronic systems for improved prediction of resource needs.
- Champion data-driven, continuous improvement efforts, in a solutions-oriented environment. Propose and support new ideas and help to implement them.
- Formulate policies, programs, and objectives regarding the production schedule, product quality, and cost of manufactured products; maintain a shared accountability for gross margin with strong financial acumen to deliver on cost targets.
- Collaborate with the Product Development and Research functions on new product development, pilot operations, implementation of manufacturing capability and design transfer.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and most importantly – inspiration ‐ to the Director of Manufacturing, Sr. Manager of Materials Management, Director of Business Process Excellence as well as the entire department and peers
- Experience in CPG or Pharmaceutical manufacturing strongly preferred
This position is for you if you…
- Thrive in a challenging and high-performance environment
- Have the ability to manage several priorities and meet multiple tight deadlines
- Are able to anticipate needs and willing to help as needed
- Have a demonstrated interest in being part of an entrepreneurial culture and are highly effective in working with limited supervision
- Pride yourself in your attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in business administration, industrial engineering, or related field.
- 10 or more years of experience managing manufacturing plants.
- Knowledge of industrial engineering, human resources laws and regulations, and employee relations skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience managing manufacturing plants in the food, beverage or pharmaceutical industry
- Prior experience managing a distribution or manufacturing center.
- Experience in working with manufacturing-based technology.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however only those whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of this position will be contacted.
We do not accept unsolicited résumés from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
CannaRoyalty is an equal opportunity employer and committed to delivering accessibility for all persons with disabilities.