WHO WE ARE AND WHY WORK WITH US?
CannaRoyalty is a Canadian public company (CSE: CRZ) (OTCQX: CNNRF) that operates, advises and invests in various companies operating in or servicing the cannabis industry across North America. Working at CannaRoyalty provides a unique opportunity to help shape the emerging and exciting cannabis industry. As more jurisdictions across North America move towards complete cannabis legalization, entrepreneurs and investors alike are looking for opportunities to support and build companies in the cannabis space. CannaRoyalty offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of the innovation within this industry, and to get meaningfully involved at a relatively early-stage. To find out more, visit us at http://cannaroyalty.com/
Job title: Social Media Intern
Job type: Internship
Location: Toronto, CA
Reporting to: Digital Marketing Strategist
The Social Media Intern will be responsible for assisting with the coordination and execution of the company’s social media strategy, working across key social media channels with a main focus on Instagram but also working with Facebook and Twitter. This role offers the intern a total immersion into a busy digital business and the successful candidate will work closely with key members of staff, external social media consultants, and candidates to learn about social media, digital communications and marketing in a corporate business environment. This role will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and gaining visibility for our brand among the community.
- Social content creation including, but not limited to, photography and video
- Update and help streamline company social media accounts, ensuring uniform content and tone of voice.
- Increase our reach and engagement by following and engaging with potential customers and candidates.
- Monitoring and replying to messages on the platforms
- Assist with scheduling and posting onto platforms
- Posting updates on Facebook on a daily basis: and using contest and giveaways to increase brand awareness.
- Assist with the development of social media strategy.
- Learn and assist with growth hacking initiatives.
- Assist with the coordination and management of influencer campaigns.
You are a good fit for this position if you…
- Have a genuine passion and interest in the social media / influencer marketing industry
- Are experienced in social media content creation
- Are experienced in social media brand development
- Have a great sense of humour and outside-the-box thinking
- Are a team player who is comfortable in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Possess strong creative writing skills
- Are comfortable in social situations
- Have a genuine passion and interest in the cannabis industry
The ideal candidate would be…
- Currently enrolled in college/university with a major in Marketing, Communications, or Digital Media equivalence
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient with the major social media platforms i.e. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
- Able to understand and use social media analytics / insights
- Able to work proactively and independently
- Have effective written communication skills
- At least somewhat proficient with photography / videography
- Experienced with Adobe Suite programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop, and/or Premiere Pro
- Able to be flexible in their day-to-day responsibilities
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however only those whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of this position will be contacted.
We do not accept unsolicited résumés from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
CannaRoyalty is an equal opportunity employer and committed to delivering accessibility for all persons.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers