WHO WE ARE AND WHY WORK WITH US?
CannaRoyalty is a Canadian public company (CSE: CRZ) (OTCQX: CNNRF) that operates, advises and invests in various companies operating in or servicing the cannabis industry across North America. Working at CannaRoyalty provides a unique opportunity to help shape the emerging and exciting cannabis industry. As more jurisdictions across North America move towards complete cannabis legalization, entrepreneurs and investors alike are looking for opportunities to support and build companies in the cannabis space. CannaRoyalty offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation in this industry, and to get involved at an early-stage. To find out more, visit us at http://cannaroyalty.com/.
Job title: Cost Accountant
Location: Bay Area, CA
Reporting to: Division Controller & FP&A Director
Job Type: Full-time
The Cost Accountant is responsible for maintaining and reporting accurate and complete job cost information, as well as performing product and inventory analysis. The Cost Accountant will also be responsible for creating and providing accounting reports on a regular basis. The successful candidate will be a key partner with the business by providing input and recommendations based on key inventory and costing metrics.
- Implement and mature leading practice inventory accounting and controls for biological assets and inventory
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness
- Prepare relevant daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting and management reports
- Perform necessary financial reconciliation and monthly inventory entries
- Monitor and update inventory standard costs
- Perform periodic inventory roll-forward, investigate and resolve discrepancies, and calculate recommended adjustments
- Play a key role in the month-end close process by being responsible for a number of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or related discipline required. CPA, CA or CFA preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience in a related financial or analytical role
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- General knowledge of accounting and auditing principles, cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, invoicing, taxation issues, and regulatory compliance guidelines is helpful
- Excellent analytical skills and a sound understanding of accounting principles
- Excellent organization and written and verbal communication skills
This position is for you if you…
- Are detail-oriented and capable of analyzing and synthesizing large complex data sets with creativity and innovation.
- Thrive in a challenging and high-performance entrepreneurial environment.
- Have a proven track record of identifying accretive opportunities and closing transactions successfully by contributing insightful analysis.
- Take pride in your outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills.
- Have an understanding and/or interest in the burgeoning cannabis industry, particularly in North American markets.
- Have a demonstrated interest in being part of an entrepreneurial culture and are highly effective in working with limited supervision.
- Are deadline driven with a strong work ethic.
- Have sound business judgement and commercial acumen.
- Are effective and comfortable working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Are comfortable communicating with senior executives.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however only those whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of this position will be contacted.
We do not accept unsolicited résumés from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
CannaRoyalty is an equal opportunity employer and committed to delivering accessibility for all persons with disabilities.