Santa Rosa, CA
CannaRoyalty is a Canadian public company (CSE: CRZ) (OTCQX: CNNRF) that operates, advises and invests in various companies operating in or servicing the cannabis industry across North America. Working at CannaRoyalty provides a unique opportunity to help shape the emerging and exciting cannabis industry. As more jurisdictions across North America move towards complete cannabis legalization, entrepreneurs and investors alike are looking for opportunities to support and build interesting companies in the cannabis space. CannaRoyalty offers the exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation within this industry, and to get meaningfully involved at a relatively early-stage. To find out more, visit us at http://cannaroyalty.com/
Job title: Senior Director, People Operations & Culture
Location: Santa Rosa, California
Reporting to: Vice President, Global Human Resources
Job type: Full time
CannaRoyalty is looking for a rockstar leader to spearhead the next phase of the CannaRoyalty People Operations team. The ideal candidate will have in-depth experience and understanding of the entire employee lifecycle and how to scale workforces across the globe.
The Senior Director, People Operations & Culture will be responsible for championing CannaRoyalty’s mission and core values, partnering with our leaders to help them build and develop their teams, and making sure all people-related decisions are based on data while upholding our core values.
From ensuring CannaRoyalty compensation and benefits are competitive and compliance procedures are up-to-date, to coaching CannaRoyalty leaders on how to more effectively lead their teams on a daily basis, our ideal candidate is a seasoned People Operations professional who understands all aspects of the business with amazing communication and analytical skills, a passion for developing talent, a strategic mind, and ultimately the chops to “get things done”.
- Partner closely with the VP of HR and manage communications opportunities and partner with key cross-functional teams and the office of the CEO to strengthen the relationship between employees and HR through creative communications strategies.
- Help distill CannaRoyalty’s unique culture and empower it with events and activities such as all-hands, office events, team-buildings, socials and off-sites.
- Engage with our employees on a regular basis to understand their perceptions on how to enhance our culture.
- Create employee training, compensation bands, and incentive programs to encourage professional development.
- Collaborate with functional leaders and Strategic Business Partners to identify and implement ongoing enhancements to engagement programs as part of continuous improvement efforts.
- Develop and ensure the execution of a robust people plan for the company’s long term success in collaboration with senior leaders throughout the organization.
- Manage our in-house recruiter to execute on hiring plan using best practices.
- Build trust within the team to handle regular employee inquiries and ad hoc, sensitive matters
- Lead the development of a strategic narrative for people operations that supports the evolution of our organization and service model.
- Lead the charge on company’s programs such as health/wellness, leadership, and learning development.
- Coach and develop a team of people to unveil their full potential.
This position is for you if you…
- Thrive in a challenging, ultra-fast paced, high-performance environment
- Have the ability to manage several priorities and meet multiple tight deadlines
- Are able to anticipate needs and willing to help as needed
- Have a demonstrated interest in being part of an entrepreneurial culture and is highly effective in working with senior and executive leaders
- Are results focused and driven
- Embrace the challenge of a high growth environment
- 10+ years of People Operations experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Integrity in business, excellent communication skills, and the ability to influence decision makers and inspire team members.
- An admirable work ethic, a love of learning new things, and a desire to go above and beyond when it really counts.
- Respect for the core elements of our key values, including the power of empathy and the need for diversity in a thriving team.
- A positive attitude that makes you a great business partner and inspires teams members and peers.
- Experience working in a fast-growing company and an understanding of the unique challenges that come with scaling.
- High level of detail orientation and program management capabilities.
- Deep operational knowledge of People & Culture initiatives, specifically around employee engagement, company/employee culture, and internal communications.
- The ability to adapt what you’ve done before to create new and innovative approaches to our employee engagement and cultural strategies and experiences.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time based on business needs to various internal locations in North America and globally.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however only those whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of this position will be contacted.
We do not accept unsolicited résumés from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
CannaRoyalty is an equal opportunity employer and committed to delivering accessibility for all persons with disabilities.