Bay Area, CA
WHO WE ARE AND WHY WORK WITH US?
CannaRoyalty is a North American cannabis consumer products company currently focused on building a leading distribution business in California, the world’s largest regulated cannabis market. By building a world-class logistics platform and supporting contract manufacturing assets, the Company intends to support the growth of new and established cannabis brands. The Company believes California, home to some of the world’s most discerning consumers and a nexus of information and trends, will be the point of inception for the global cannabis brands of the future. CannaRoyalty has developed a diversified portfolio of assets within the cannabis sector, including research, infrastructure and intellectual property to support our existing brands, partner products and distribution networks. The Company’s leadership and staff combines passion and a hands-on understanding of the cannabis industry, with proven financial and legal expertise. CannaRoyalty’s shares trade on the Canadian Stock Exchange (CSE) under the symbol CRZ and in the US on the OTCQX under the symbol CNNRF.
Working at CannaRoyalty provides a unique opportunity to help shape the emerging and exciting cannabis industry. As more jurisdictions across North America move towards complete cannabis legalization, entrepreneurs and investors alike are looking for opportunities to support and build companies in the cannabis space. CannaRoyalty offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation in this industry, and to get involved at an early-stage. To find out more, visit us at http://cannaroyalty.com/.
Job title:Staff Accountant
Location:Bay Area, CA
The Staff Accountant is a key member of the finance team and will be involved in the corporation’s financial reporting, tax and regulatory compliance, cost accounting, bookkeeping and business planning. A successful Staff Accountant must be professional, proactive and positive when interacting with internal staff members and external vendors and customers.
- Maintain financial records, subsidiary ledgers and supporting schedules
- Prepare monthly journal entries
- Analyze and explain variances regarding profit and loss and general ledger accounts
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations for assigned accounts for monthly closings and year-end audits
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports for banking and regulatory requirements
- Support financial management dashboards and reports for senior management
- Provide internal audit support
- Assist in month-end closings and annual audits
- Maintain and abide by cash handling standards
- Provide bookkeeping and transaction support as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is preferred, and Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or a related discipline is required
- One or more years of experience in an accounting preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with management, accounting staff and business partners as required
- Ability to analyze business conditions and understand the processes of general ledger accounting
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) and experience with QuickBooks Enterprise is a plus
This position is for you if you…
- Thrive in a challenging and high-performance environment.
- Have the ability to manage several priorities and meet deadlines.
- Are able to anticipate needs and are willing to assist as required.
- Have an interest in being part of an entrepreneurial culture.
- Are detail oriented and results driven.
- Embrace the challenge of a high growth environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however only those whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of this position will be contacted.
We do not accept unsolicited résumés from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
CannaRoyalty is an equal opportunity employer and committed to delivering accessibility for all persons with disabilities. all persons with disabilities.