Bay Area, CA
WHO WE ARE AND WHY WORK WITH US?
CannaRoyalty is a North American cannabis consumer products company currently focused on building a leading distribution business in California, the world’s largest regulated cannabis market. By building a world-class logistics platform and supporting contract manufacturing assets, the Company intends to support the growth of new and established cannabis brands. The Company believes California, home to some of the world’s most discerning consumers and a nexus of information and trends, will be the point of inception for the global cannabis brands of the future. CannaRoyalty has developed a diversified portfolio of assets within the cannabis sector, including research, infrastructure and intellectual property to support our existing brands, partner products and distribution networks. The Company’s leadership and staff combines passion and a hands-on understanding of the cannabis industry, with proven financial and legal expertise. CannaRoyalty’s shares trade on the Canadian Stock Exchange (CSE) under the symbol CRZ and in the US on the OTCQX under the symbol CNNRF.
Working at CannaRoyalty provides a unique opportunity to help shape the emerging and exciting cannabis industry. As more jurisdictions across North America move towards complete cannabis legalization, entrepreneurs and investors alike are looking for opportunities to support and build companies in the cannabis space. CannaRoyalty offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation in this industry, and to get involved at an early-stage. To find out more, visit us at http://cannaroyalty.com/.
Job title:Project Analyst
Location:Bay Area, CA
Reporting to:Financial Planning and Analysis Lead
The Project Analyst will support various project leaders on the development, analysis, and proactive management of large scale projects. The successful candidate is responsible for ensuring appropriate financial governance and accurate accounting for the largest and most visible projects supporting CannaRoyalty’s rapid growth. More specifically, this position will provide hands on support to the divisional finance, corporate finance, and operational leadership to successfully bring projects to completion on time and within budget.
- Maintain plans, including budgets, estimates to complete, and other schedules to meet project requirements across several programs
- Ensure compliance with internal and external customer procedures
- Ensure project expenses are coded with the proper accounting codes and are paid in a timely manner
- Proactively manage project spend, raising potential issues and pragmatic mitigations
- Develop and provide insightful project reporting that are forward looking and meaningful to management
- Provide weekly and monthly transactional support, including reviewing vendor invoices to verify costs and codes for payment and supporting internal and external audits
- Acts as a liaison between operations and other administrative support organizations on financial issues. Communicate with vendors and external customers as required
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and reporting as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, or a related field required
- Two or more years of experience in Program Control, Budgeting, or relevant work experience in a finance environment preferred (preferably in the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) or Cannabis industry)
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills
- Ability to balance multiple, diverse priorities and produce high quality deliverables
- Functional knowledge of financial reporting systems and methodologies
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.) and experience working with QuickBooks Enterprise or other accounting systems
This position is for you if you…
- Are detail-oriented and capable of analyzing and synthesizing large complex data sets with creativity and innovation.
- Thrive in a challenging and high-performance, fluid, entrepreneurial environment.
- Have an understanding and/or interest in the burgeoning cannabis industry, particularly in North American markets.
- Have a demonstrated interest in being part of an entrepreneurial culture and are highly effective in working with limited supervision.
- Are deadline driven with a strong work ethic.
- Have sound business judgement and commercial acumen.
- Are effective and comfortable working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Are comfortable communicating with senior executives.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however only those whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of this position will be contacted.
We do not accept unsolicited résumés from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
CannaRoyalty is an equal opportunity employer and committed to delivering accessibility for all persons with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time