Santa Monica, CA
WHO WE ARE AND WHY WORK WITH US?
CannaRoyalty is a North American cannabis consumer products company currently focused on building a leading distribution business in California, the world’s largest regulated cannabis market. By building a world-class logistics platform and supporting contract manufacturing assets, the Company intends to support the growth of new and established cannabis brands. The Company believes California, home to some of the world’s most discerning consumers and a nexus of information and trends, will be the point of inception for the global cannabis brands of the future. CannaRoyalty has developed a diversified portfolio of assets within the cannabis sector, including research, infrastructure and intellectual property to support our existing brands, partner products and distribution networks. The Company’s leadership and staff combines passion and a hands-on understanding of the cannabis industry, with proven financial and legal expertise. CannaRoyalty’s shares trade on the Canadian Stock Exchange (CSE) under the symbol CRZ and in the US on the OTCQX under the symbol CNNRF.
Working at CannaRoyalty provides a unique opportunity to help shape the emerging and exciting cannabis industry. As more jurisdictions across North America move towards complete cannabis legalization, entrepreneurs and investors alike are looking for opportunities to support and build companies in the cannabis space. CannaRoyalty offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation in this industry, and to get involved at an early-stage. To find out more, visit us at http://cannaroyalty.com/.
Job title: Financial Planning Analyst – Brands Strategy
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Reporting to: Divisional CFO with functional reporting to the VP Brands Strategy
Job type: Full-time
The Financial Planning Analyst will support the VP Brands Strategy through reporting and analytics on the financial performance of CannaRoyalty’s existing and future brands. More specifically this position will work in collaboration with the divisional finance leadership in providing direct hands on support to the VP Brands Strategy in budgeting and forecasting, analyzing trends and variances, developing KPIs and management dashboards to support strategic business decisions relating to CannaRoyalty’s brands portfolio. The position is also responsible for ensuring appropriate financial management oversight of the Brands strategy business unit.
Brands Strategy financial analysis and reporting
- Work in collaboration with the operations and finance teams in the various business units (i.e. cultivation, manufacturing and distribution) to understand the cost components of CannaRoyalty’s branded products
- Leveraging costing information, develop pricing models to support effective pricing strategies and insights on packaging and promotion for CannaRoyalty’s branded products with a view to meeting short, medium and long-term objectives
- Identify and implement financial and operational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for CannaRoyalty’s brands to promote effective decision making
- Participate in monthly business reviews and provide analytical support focused on strategic insights to the VP Brands Strategy
- Perform ad-hoc financial/quantitative analysis and various reporting requests
- Act as the financial liaison with divisional and corporate leadership to support the strategic planning and annual budgeting process for CannaRoyalty’s brands
Financial Management of Brands Strategy business unit
In collaboration with divisional and corporate leadership, support the Brands strategy business unit by:
- Providing effective, appropriate financial management oversight
- Help ensure compliance with applicable divisional and corporate policies
- Design and implement effective process flows and internal controls over capital and operating expenditures
- Provide financial reporting for projects
- Support the monthly close process to ensure timely, accurate and complete financial accounting and reporting
- Provide performance reporting and variance analysis to budgets and forecasts
- Provide effective decision support to the VP Brands strategy in all commercial and financial matters
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a related field required
- Four years of FP&A experience or relevant work experience in a finance environment preferably in the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) or Cannabis industry
- Strong financial acumen including experience with forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills
- Ability to balance multiple, diverse priorities and produce high quality deliverables
- Functional knowledge of financial reporting systems and methodologies
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.) and experience working with QuickBooks Enterprise or other accounting systems
This position is for you if you…
- Are detail-oriented and capable of analyzing and synthesizing large complex data sets with creativity and innovation.
- Thrive in a challenging and high-performance, fluid, entrepreneurial environment.
- Have an understanding and/or interest in the burgeoning cannabis industry, particularly in North American markets.
- Have a demonstrated interest in being part of an entrepreneurial culture and are highly effective in working with limited supervision.
- Are deadline driven with a strong work ethic.
- Have sound business judgement and commercial acumen.
- Are effective and comfortable working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Are comfortable communicating with senior executives.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however only those whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of this position will be contacted.
We do not accept unsolicited résumés from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
CannaRoyalty is an equal opportunity employer and committed to delivering accessibility for all persons with disabilities.