Bay Area, CA
WHO WE ARE AND WHY WORK WITH US?
CannaRoyalty is a Canadian public company (CSE: CRZ) (OTCQX: CNNRF) that operates, advises and invests in various companies operating in or servicing the cannabis industry across North America. Working at CannaRoyalty provides a unique opportunity to help shape the emerging and exciting cannabis industry. As more jurisdictions across North America move towards complete cannabis legalization, entrepreneurs and investors alike are looking for opportunities to support and build interesting companies in the cannabis space. CannaRoyalty offers the exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation within this industry, and to get meaningfully involved at a relatively early-stage. To find out more, visit us at http://cannaroyalty.com/
Job title: Human Resource Director
Location: California, USA
Reporting to: EVP Corporate Services and CFO
Job type: Full time
CannaRoyalty is currently seeking a Human Resource Director directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the Company’s human capital for its operations in California. The Human Resource Director is part of senior management team in California, works alongside and supports VP Sales and Marketing and VP Operations and interfaces with Corporate HQ in Canada. This position reports the EVP Corporate services.
- Provides advice and counsel to the Company on all federal, state and local labor and employment laws and regulations to help ensure that CannaRoyalty is fully compliant in all areas affecting human capital.
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the Human Resources function; is responsible for the effectiveness of HR systems and processes.
- Collaborates with Senior Management to maintain and update compensation programs; responsible for the currency and relevance of job descriptions; responsible for organizational charts and employee directory, helps conduct annual salary surveys and coordinates the annual salary administration process and annual salary budget;
- Develops, implements and monitors the performance management program and annual performance appraisal process.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures;
- Responsible for benefits management, benefit orientation and administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness and information activities program.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Manages the recruitment activities for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers including advertisements, coordination with supervisors on candidate screening and interview process, reference and background checking, job offers, new-employee orientations, etc.
- Manages career-path program and employee relations counseling and exit interviews.
This position is for you if you…
- Thrive in a challenging and high-performance environment
- Have the ability to manage several priorities and meet multiple tight deadlines
- Are able to anticipate needs and willing to help as needed
- Have a demonstrated interest in being part of an entrepreneurial culture and are highly effective in working with senior and executive management
- Are results oriented
- Embrace the challenge of a high growth environment
- Minimum 5 years in a progressively important human resources management role
- Bachelor’s degree in HR management, business, social science
- SPHR certification, or similar preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional communication, and outstanding written and oral communications;
- Ability to manage several concurrent projects of high priority and impact;
- Strong facilitation skills, with non-profit/public sector preferred;
- Experience with detailed understanding of applicable employment laws and regulations, workers compensation and benefits administration;
- Dedication to fostering a supportive and productive office culture and,
- Culturally competent, with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to travel on demand as required (25-50%)
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however only those whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of this position will be contacted.
We do not accept unsolicited résumés from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
CannaRoyalty is an equal opportunity employer and committed to delivering accessibility for all persons with disabilities.