Bay Area, CA
CannaRoyalty is a North American cannabis consumer products company currently focused on building a leading distribution business in California, the world’s largest regulated cannabis market. By building a world-class logistics platform and supporting contract manufacturing assets, the Company intends to support the growth of new and established cannabis brands.
The Company believes California, home to some of the world’s most discerning consumers and a nexus of information and trends, will be the point of inception for the global cannabis brands of the future. CannaRoyalty has developed a diversified portfolio of assets within the cannabis sector, including research, infrastructure and intellectual property to support our existing brands, partner products and distribution networks. The Company’s leadership and staff combines passion and a hands-on understanding of the cannabis industry, with proven financial and legal expertise. CannaRoyalty’s shares trade on the Canadian Stock Exchange (CSE) under the symbol CRZ and in the US on the OTCQX under the symbol CNNRF.
Working at CannaRoyalty provides a unique opportunity to help shape the emerging and exciting cannabis industry. As more jurisdictions across North America move towards complete cannabis legalization, entrepreneurs and investors alike are looking for opportunities to support and build companies in the cannabis space. CannaRoyalty offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation in this industry, and to get involved at an early-stage. To find out more, visit us at http://cannaroyalty.com/.
Job title: Payroll Manager
Location: Bay Area, CA
Reporting to: Division Controller
Job type: Full-time
The Payroll Manager is responsible for ensuring accurate recording and processing of payroll and related reimbursements and deductions. The role requires a high level of customer service to employees by answering questions and resolving payroll-related issues in a timely and professional manner. This role will perform and oversee the payroll processing for several business entities.
- Ensure the payroll system is maintained and reflects our current employee base, benefits and state and local laws. This will also include voluntary and mandated withholding, employee reimbursements and various deductions and entitlement reporting.
- Demonstrate leadership and industry savvy in proactively recommending and implementing efficient and leading practices to the payroll function
- Provide excellent customer service to all relevant stakeholders
- Ensure accuracy and precision of all payroll transactions
- Prepare and reconcile labor allocation billing and statements to entities within the enterprise
- Ensure union and LPA compliance and labor as appropriate
- Determine payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments, etc.
- Resolve issues and answer payroll-related questions
- Process payroll changes (e.g. new hires, terminations, raises) and system upgrades
- Collaborate with Human Resources and accounting teams as needed
- Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.)
- Assist in auditing of preview payroll reports prior to transmission
- Assist in internal and external audits
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Additional duties and responsibilities, as assignment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or a related discipline is desired
- Eight or more years of experience in payroll processing preferred. Experience in accounting or bookkeeping is a plus
- Advanced understanding of California and Federal Labor laws and regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with management, staff, and external vendors as required
- Ability to analyze business conditions and understand the payroll process and related general ledger transaction accounting
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) and experience with QuickBooks Enterprise is a plus
This position is for you if you…
- Thrive in a challenging and high-performance environment.
- Have the ability to manage several priorities and meet deadlines.
- Are able to anticipate needs and are willing to help as required.
- Have a demonstrated interest in being part of an entrepreneurial culture and are highly effective in working with senior and executive management.
- Are detail oriented and results driven.
- Embrace the challenge of a high growth environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however only those whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of this position will be contacted.
We do not accept unsolicited résumés from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.