Bay Area, CA
WHO WE ARE AND WHY WORK WITH US?
CannaRoyalty is a North American cannabis consumer products company currently focused on building a leading distribution business in California, the world’s largest regulated cannabis market. By building a world-class logistics platform and supporting contract manufacturing assets, the Company intends to support the growth of new and established cannabis brands. The Company believes California, home to some of the world’s most discerning consumers and a nexus of information and trends, will be the point of inception for the global cannabis brands of the future. CannaRoyalty has developed a diversified portfolio of assets within the cannabis sector, including research, infrastructure and intellectual property to support our existing brands, partner products and distribution networks. The Company’s leadership and staff combines passion and a hands-on understanding of the cannabis industry, with proven financial and legal expertise. CannaRoyalty’s shares trade on the Canadian Stock Exchange (CSE) under the symbol CRZ and in the US on the OTCQX under the symbol CNNRF.
Working at CannaRoyalty provides a unique opportunity to help shape the emerging and exciting cannabis industry. As more jurisdictions across North America move towards complete cannabis legalization, entrepreneurs and investors alike are looking for opportunities to support and build companies in the cannabis space. CannaRoyalty offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation in this industry, and to get involved at an early-stage. To find out more, visit us at http://cannaroyalty.com/.
Job title: Cost Accountant
Location: Bay Area, CA
Reporting to: Division Controller
Job Type: Full-time
The successful Cost Accountant will be part of a new and exciting business and will be able to develop and adapt reports and processes as the environment grows and matures. The Cost Accountant will be an integral part of the manufacturing team along with the Plant Manager and Controller and will become intimately familiar with the end-to-end manufacturing processes for each item produced. This position presents an amazing opportunity for anyone interested in the cannabis industry and the manufacturing of cannabis related products.
- Develop and maintain standard costing for a variety of manufactured products, including vape pens, gummies and candies, and chocolate products
- Perform periodic review of actual costs compared to standard costs and recommend adjustments accordingly
- Participate and observe production runs to monitor production run variances to standard
- Continuously monitor inventory reports, production expenses and work orders as a preventive control, to assure accurate and timely financial reporting
- Perform periodic inventory roll-forward, investigate and resolve discrepancies, and calculate recommended adjustments
- Conduct detailed analysis of monthly sales, cost of sales, gross margins and variances to be used for sales and efficiency reporting
- Forecast cost of goods sold, gross margins and inventory levels for quarterly and annual business plans
- Play a key role in month and quarter-end close activities ensuring timely and accurate financial statement reporting
- Prepare relevant daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting and management reports
- Assist in special projects related to inventory movements, external audits, the implementation of new financial processes, etc., under the supervision of Divisional Controller
- Monitor and update inventory standard costs
- Assist in the efficient procurement of goods, and services as related to sales and inventory trends
- Oversee reliable vendors or suppliers to provide quality goods at reasonable prices, negotiating prices and contracts
- Provide insightful recommendations to improve efficiencies and results
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or related discipline required. CPA, CA or CFA preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience in a related financial or analytical role
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- General knowledge of accounting and auditing principles, cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, invoicing, taxation issues, and regulatory compliance guidelines is helpful
- Excellent analytical skills and a sound understanding of accounting principles
- Excellent organization and written and verbal communication skills
This position is for you if you…
- Are detail-oriented and capable of analyzing and synthesizing large complex data sets with creativity and innovation.
- Thrive in a challenging and high-performance entrepreneurial environment.
- Have a proven track record of identifying accretive opportunities and closing transactions successfully by contributing insightful analysis.
- Take pride in your outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills.
- Have an understanding and/or interest in the burgeoning cannabis industry, particularly in North American markets.
- Have a demonstrated interest in being part of an entrepreneurial culture and are highly effective in working with limited supervision.
- Are deadline driven with a strong work ethic.
- Have sound business judgement and commercial acumen.
- Are effective and comfortable working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Are comfortable communicating with senior executives.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however only those whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of this position will be contacted.
We do not accept unsolicited résumés from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
CannaRoyalty is an equal opportunity employer and committed to delivering accessibility for all persons with disabilities.